Search My Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

A Month Without Clomid - Cycle #32

On December 28, 2010, I scheduled another appointment to start a new round of Clomid; however, we had another surprise. When looking back at my charts, I only have 10 days after ovulation before my cycle started. This means my progesterone is not high enough to sustain a pregnancy. Dr. Rister said my blood test showed my progesterone is low.

I told Dr. Rister about the pains I was having and he performed an ultrasound. The pains, that my past doctor said was just my intestines, were cause by my ovary being enlarged. When I ovulated, my ovary bleed back into itself and swelled to 7 cm (normal size 2 cm). Dr. Rister said we could not start Clomid until my ovary healed and it must heal on its own. He said it is like a bruise you have on your skin.

The plan: Not take Clomid this month and start back in February. When we do start back, I will also start taking Prometrium (progesterone) after ovulations.

I kept monitoring my cycle, even without Clomid, and I ovulated on my own this month. I called Dr. Rister and he order the Prometrium for me.

On January 24, 2011, I had high temporary with light pink bleeding again. I was so excited that we had another egg implant.

January 25, 2011, I called Dr. Rister to request more Prometrium and he was excited again how smooth everything was going. That evening things started to change and I felt different.

January 26, 2011, I woke with bleeding and a drop in my temperature. I called for an appointment with Dr. Rister, so we could start Clomid again. During the exam, Dr. Rister said he did not see anything that would indicate I was not pregnant or that I was pregnant. He thinks I jumped the gun too soon and I might be pregnant; however, due to the drop in temperature he wants me to double my Prometrium. The good news is my ovary shrunk to 3 cm (yay!).

January 27, 2011, My temperature went back up and everything is looking great, so we thought. Later that night I started bleeding heavily, again we were very disappointed. The good news is I made it to Day 12 past ovulations (normal range is 12 o 14 days). We are finally putting the pieces together and maybe next month we will have a little bambino or bambina.

No comments:

Post a Comment