Search My Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

Taking the Next Step

Starting in 2010, my cycles started to become more regular and I thought we were on the path to having a baby. In October 2010, my cycle was longer than normal and I thought I was pregnant. We were so excited; however, the HPT were all negative. I scheduled an appointment with my primary care physician, Dr. Horner, for a blood test. To my dismay, the blood test was negative.

We decided it was time to schedule an appointment with my OBGYN and start being more serious about baby making. When I called my OBGYN, I was told they could not see me for three months. Are you serious? I knew it was difficult to make an appointment, but three months was ridiculous. A nurse friend (a wonderful friend) of mine recommended Dr. Rister and called ahead to ensure they could see me. Dr. Rister’s office may an appointment for me a week later.  Dr. Rister said I did not ovulate and I developed a large cyst on my ovary.

The next step, birth control pills. Dr. Rister said “This is going to sound strange, but I am placing you on birth control for a month.” I agree, I thought it was strange, since we are trying to have a baby. Dr. Rister said the pills will make the cyst go away and he wanted to see me back within 5 days after my 1st cycle day to start Clomid.

No comments:

Post a Comment