Search My Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Confused

I am having a very odd cycle. So far, no peak day today. I went to my doctor’s office yesterday and Dr. Rister said my follicles are smaller than my mid-cycle appointment and it looks like I ovulated. I still have not had a temperature shift yet or any sign (besides the follicles) that I ovulated. Next week I am scheduled for a progesterone test to see if I actually ovulated.  I could see Dr. Rister was very disappointed too in what was going on with me.

I am very frustrated right now. I was so excited about this cycle and thought everything would go as normal. Well I guess I was wrong. I went home and cried last night. I am going to call Dr. Barnett (my doctor in Frisco) today and get my appointment scheduled. I need to have my paperwork transferred to his new office and figure out what else I need to do.

Dr. Barnett is a reproductive endocrinologist that performed my surgery to remove a fibroid from my uterus in 2006. Dr. Barnett is great and we saw him in 2009; however, we were not ready to use medication at that time. Now, I feel it is time to move to the next level, which will be to go back to Dr. Barnett. I spoke with Dr. Rister about this option early on in this cycle and he agreed that the next step is to see Dr. Barnett.

The longer this goes on, the closer we are to having to go through IUI (artificial insemination), which I am not excited about doing. At least with IUI, it is not as invasive or expensive as IVF. If you want to know the different, see my blog on 3/11/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment