Search My Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Clomid Restarted

At my appointment with Dr. Rister today, we made an important decision. This round of Clomid will be my last with Dr. Rister. I am praying this rounds works. The next steps after this month, if we do not get pregnant, are for me to transfer over to Dr. Barnett at the Frisco Fertility Center.  I love Dr. Barnett, he performed my surgery in 2006 and we saw him in 2009 for infertility treatments. In 2009, when we saw Dr. Barnett, we were not ready to start Clomid at that time. I was hoping with Dr. Rister’s help, I would not have to see Dr. Barnett. The main issue with seeing Dr. Barnett is the travel (2 hour drive) and time away from work. I want to save all my time for when we have a baby. I know this is the best thing, if we want to have a baby. Dr. Barnett has been named “Top Doctor” in Texas monthly repeatedly, so I know I will be in good hands. Here is the website to his office http://www.dallasivf.com

The other part of my appointment:

My u/s (ultrasound) went great, my ovaries were normal (YAY!!!). Currently, I am on CD (cycle day) 5 and I will start Clomid today. I will start documenting my side effects, if I have any right away. I notice my side effects always start after I finish the Clomid. I usually will have hot flashes for a few days afterwards. I also gained weight that will not come off, thank you Clomid. I am on a strict diet and exercising, I hope this will keep my weight from going up again and maybe I will lose some too. I am still very emotional from the Prometrium; hopefully the Clomid will not intensify my emotions.

Please keep praying that we will conceive this time and we will have a Thanksgiving / Early December baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment