Search My Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Waiting on the Egg

I did not write yesterday because I did not have anything to report. As of today, my fertility monitor show high, which indicates we are getting closer to ovulation.  My fertility software calendar is predicting I will ovulate on Monday (CD 18).  I have my mid cycle ultrasound this afternoon with Dr. Rister, I am pretty sure it will go great.

For those of you who are not Catholic, today is Ash Wednesday.  We went to mass this morning and it was awesome.  Ash Wednesday allows us to take time out to think about who we are and that we are just human.  The ashes remind us that we are human and we will return to dust someday.  During mass we read a scripture from Job, and I start to think about Job’s life. Job suffered great tragedy in his life; losing material items, his family, his friends ridicule him, and he lost his health.  During this tragedy, Job always stayed focus on God, even when his friends told him that sin was causing this tragedy. Strange part is his friend had the best intentions in mind when giving Job their advice.

Focusing on Job’s story reminded me of all the comments I have received or seen on a community boards.  It seems like when you have a problem that everyone is ready to give you advice. More so than not, the people giving you the advice have never experience what you are experiencing. Today, I realize that I need to remember Job.  Job did not let the advice of others get him down or offend him.  Job focused on God and prayed to God to guide him through this rough time in his life. I have been turning to God through this journey; however, today I realized I need to shut the bad advice out and focus on God.  Without God’s guidance, I would not be where I am today and I know he will bless us in the future.  We are hoping, expecting, and praying for God’s blessing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment