Search My Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mid-cycle Ultrasound

Yesterday I saw Dr. Rister for my mid-cycle ultrasound.  I really love going to his office, everyone is very uplifting.  When Dr. Rister walked, into the room he said, “So this is the, See if we have an Egg checkup,” we started laughing and I said yes.  Then I told him the title of my blog yesterday, “Waiting on an Egg”; he really got a kick out of that and started laughing.

The ultrasound went really great.  I have two eggs developing this time and they are about the same size.  Dr. Rister said one of them is more dominant than the other and may suppress the weaker egg; however, it is possible they both will develop.  I am excited we have double the chance this time around. 

After the exam, Dr. Rister and I talked for a few minutes.  I told him, I researched the next steps on how to proceed after this cycle.  Now that I have researched everything, I am focused on this cycle and I am expecting a great outcome this time around.  I said I planned for the worst, but I am expecting the best.  Dr. Rister smile and said Good, I expect a phone call from you in two weeks with a positive pregnancy test.  I am very thankful that Dr. Rister is my doctor, he is great.

I still have the book of Job in my mind today.  I did some more research and found some fascinating statements.

We put a high premium on good theology.  But let us be warned: it can be made false by the way; it is applied, and can even be destructive in the mouth of fools.

This statement makes me want to evaluate the advice I give and make sure it is in line with God’s word.  I think people today have the best intention; however, some people apply the word of God in the wrong way.  This is one reason why I decided to read the bible front to back.  I was tired of people telling me what was in the bible and what the bible meant.  After reading the whole bible, I realized some people were applying God’s word in the wrong way.

Therefore, let us not judge one another too quickly, or at all.  Those who suffer most may be the best.  And those who prosper most may be the worst among us.

It really breaks my heart to hear someone say that suffering is caused by sin.  Apparently, these people have not read to book of Job or study the path Christ took to the cross.  Innocence people suffer for no reason at all sometimes, just like Job.  As by standers, we should support those people and see how God is going to work through their lives.  My brother was handicap, due to a mistake during a surgery by a doctor.  Even though my bother could not talk, we still saw how God used him to show others that God’s presence is everywhere. It is amazing how God can work through those that are suffering.

Finally, I find this article from Christian Today.  I pulled some of the best statement out of the article and posted them below the link.


Job refused to buy the three "comforters'" analysis of his situation, because they traced only one thread of God's method of operating: his judgment for sin.  But what happens when someone suffers because God chooses that person to illustrate his grace and glory?

Our decision must be to follow God and trust his justice, wisdom, and goodness, whether we are in the throes of suffering or enjoying good health and blessing.  Such a decision would surely cut the ground out from under Satan in the spiritual warfare of our day and age.  Believers will continue to suffer, but it will always be under the permission or direction of a merciful and wise heavenly Father who works for our good in the way of the truth and fairness of the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment