Search My Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

A New Beginning - Cycle #34

Ever since we found out we were not pregnant, I have been very sad. I told myself I would only be sad for one day; however, it has been hard to get over not being pregnant this time around. I have never been a person who gets upset at the end of the month because they are not pregnant. I told myself, if it does not happen we will try again. The further we go with these treatments the harder it is not to be sad and overwhelmed. Plus the hormone medications do not help either, it makes me more emotional.

We went to church Saturday night and afterwards we asked Father Anthony if he would pray over us again. Of course Father Anthony said yes; however, he had to perform a christening. Father Anthony said it would be good for us to sit through the christening and watch the blessing of this child. I agree it is truly a blessing to see parents dedicated their child to the Lord.

The funny thing is that we knew the parents really well, so it was nice to see their baby christened. I went to school with the baby’s father. We sat a few rows backs and watch everyone gather round the altar to watch the christening. It was a very beautiful christening and I am glad we had to chance to watch from a far.

Afterwards, Father Anthony brought us to the altar and we all prayed under the crucifix of Jesus. Then Father Anthony anointed our hands with oil. Mark and I, held hands while Father Anthony placed his hands on top. Then Father Anthony prayed blessings over our marriage and prayed Hannah’s prayer. Finally Father Anthony prayed “In the words of Eli the priest, Go in peace, and may God grant you what you have asked of him.” 1 Samuel 1:17

The whole time during the prayer I cried. I wanted to cry during church, but I held it in the whole time. After the prayer, I felt a peace come over me. I felt God telling me it will be okay and that he was comforting me. Since then, I have not felt sad and the peace has stayed with me. We are so thankful to have wonderful priests (Father Anthony, Father Ed and Father Will), family, and friends who love and care about us. I do not think we could get through this without all their support and the love of God.

Tomorrow I go back to see Dr. Rister and hopefully he will have good news. At this time we will talk about our next steps and what treatment plan is right for me. I know God’s hands are guiding us through this, and he will provide Dr. Rister the knowledge he needs to treat us.

No comments:

Post a Comment