Search My Blog

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day Four of Clomid

Yesterday and today are much better than Day 1 and Day 2, no side effects.  I am ready for Monday, which is my first observation ultrasound. I am hoping for more follicle development, than the last time I was on Clomid. Last time I only one follicle developed.

Healthy Eating

Most of you may wonder what are refined starches, and why am I avoiding them during preconception and pregnancy. I read refined starches can deplete valuable nutrients in your body, move rapidly into your blood stream (cause for blood sugar surges), and they are empty calories (do not benefit the body). Refined starches leave you hungry and wanting more food. For these reasons, I choose not to eat these foods because I want the best nutrient for my baby and myself.

Refined starches are grains with removed fiber, hull, and bran. Refined foods are cereals (with no fiber); and, white: flour, bread, pasta, and rice.

It is not easy to break the habit of eating these foods, especially when someone brings donuts, pizza, or other yummy foods to the office. Yes, I do occasional slip, this week is a prime example. The weather outside is awful, and our office ordered pizza. I decided I rather eat the pizza, than go back into the cold weather. I allow myself to occasional eat these types of foods, and I consider how well I ate the rest of the week. For me, the best way to stay on track with eating healthy is to allow the slip up, and start eating healthy again at my next meal. I do not guilt myself, because we all slip up occasionally when trying to break a bad habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment