Search My Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day Three of Clomid

I feel pretty good today, so far no headaches or feeling nauseas.  Last night I was moody and did feel nauseas when I was cooking.  My temperature is still low today and everything is on schedule.

Today I am going to start on the topic of things I should eat and not eat. I am going to start with the Should Not Eat, since that is more important. While I am not pregnant yet, I am practicing my healthy eating habits now, and hopefully it will be easier when I am pregnant. I have good days and bad days when it comes to eating healthy. This is why I am practicing. I notice I feel better when I eat just fruits, vegetables, protein and dairy. A good book for knowing what to eat throughout your pregnancy is I’m Pregnant, Now What Do I Eat by Hope Ricciotti and Vincent Connelly.

I just learned recently discovered that when you are pregnant, the baby received most of its nutrition through carbohydrates. The carbohydrates are feed to the baby through the blood stream. It is very important to eat the right kinds of carbohydrates. I will discuss this subject in more detail in my later post. On the list of what not to eat, you will see the bad carbohydrates that should not be eaten. The reason these foods should not be eaten is because the sugar transfer rapidly into the blood system and can cause large birth weight, obesity, diabetes, and other diseases later on in life.  Remember before starting any diet; always speak with your OBGYN to ensure it is right for you. For this reason, I am writing about myself, and what I am eating and not eating.

Foods to Avoid: If you know of any other foods, please feel free to add them in the comment section.

Transfats, Margarine, Processed Baked Goods, Refined Starches, Processed Food, Fast Food, white rice, white bread, sweets (consuming chocolate with 70% or more cocoa in limited amounts is good for you), soda, lunch meats, hot dogs, prepared deli food, soft cheese, raw seafood, smoked, seafood, high fructose corn syrup (yes, based on this commercial it is the same as sugar, expect it does transfer into your blood quicker), and fish with mercury

Fish with Mercury:

Canned, chunk light tuna has a lower amount of mercury than other tuna; however, eat in moderation only. I heard researchers are still investigating whether or not canned tuna is safe. I am going to avoid tune, unless they have clear evidence.

Highest Mercury  -  Avoid Eating
Grouper, Marlin, Orange Roughy, Tilefish, Swordfish, Shark, Mackerel (king)

High Mercury - Eat no more than three 6-oz servings per month
Bass saltwater, Croaker, Halibut, Tuna (canned, white albacore), Tuna (fresh bluefin, ahi), Sea trout, Bluefish, Lobster (American/Maine)

LOWER MERCURY -  Eat no more than six 6-oz servings per month
Carp, Mahi Mahi, Crab (dungeness), Snapper, Crab (blue), Herring, Crab (snow), Monkfish, Perch (freshwater), Skate, Cod, Tuna (canned), Tuna (fresh Pacific albacore)

LOWEST MERCURY - Enjoy two 6-oz servings per week
Anchovies, Butterfish, Calamari (squid), Caviar (farmed), Crab (king), Pollock, Catfish, Whitefish, Perch (ocean), Scallops, Flounder, Haddock, Hake, Herring, Lobster (spiny/rock), Sole, Crawfish/crayfish, Salmon, Shrimp, Clams, Tilapia, Oysters, Sardines, Sturgeon (farmed), Trout (freshwater)
Chart obtained from the Natural Resource Defense Council (NRDC); data obtained by the FDA and the EPA.

No comments:

Post a Comment